Welcome to the build page for my "Full Circle Flyer" RC plane. This aircraft was inspired by the "GeoBat" full scale plane invented/designed by Jack Jones. Scale RC plans were downloaded from RCgroups.com here.
I decided to decorate and name this plane in honor of my new dojo, Full Circle Martial Arts Academy.
Short list of materials/components are as follows:
- 6mm sheets of white Depron Aero styrofoam from RCfoam.com
- 6mm carbon fiber wing spar tube from RCfoam.com
- 1mm x 3mm and 1mm x 5mm carbon fiber strips from RCfoam.com
- Fiber reinforced clear packing tape
- Five Electrifly ES50 nano servos
- Three Dubro micro pushrods
- Dubro micro EZ-connectors
- Futaba 6106 HFC 2.4Ghz Receiver
- Phoenix 30 amp ESC
- E-flite 450 Brushless Outrunner Motor
- 10 x 4.7 APC SFP pusher prop
- Thunder Power 3-cell 1350mah 25C LiPo battery
- Misc wood and fiberglass scraps
- Epoxy, Gorilla Glue and 3M Adhesive
- Velcro and double-faced tape
- Water-based Acrylic Craft Paint
- Vinyl cut graphics
Below is the basic process of the build in chronological order...
The final size size of the plane is 33" in diameter and it has an all-up flying weight of 24 ounces including the battery. I will follow up with a flight report once flying season returns here in snowy Ohio.
For more info on Geobat RC builds, click here
For more info on Full Circle Martial Arts, click here